Sunday, April 11, 2010


Post from Carepages, April 11, 2010
(Written by Jordyn's mother, Tracey)

Day +100

Today is Day +100 for Jordyn in the transplant world! On Monday Jordyn will have her bone marrow aspiration procedure to test her marrow after a good 100 days out from transplant. Depending on her results from the test we will finally find out when we will arrive back into the state of New Hampshire! Both her and I are very anxious and overwhelmingly excited. It has been quite an addition to JordynzJourney here at St Judes...that's for sure!! Jordyn has shown us all so much the meaning of hope....strength.....determination......love.....compassion.....and most of all, she has drawn so many of us closer by understanding the true knowledge and meaning of life and how cherished it should be each and everyday!

Overall Jordyn has been doing outstanding. Her labs have all been wonderful. Each day she gains a little more strength. While each day she rides a bike a little longer and climbs a little higher on the playground. We are so proud of her eating most of all. She finally came off her tube feedings as of a few weeks ago. That was a milestone for her for sure. She went almost 5 months without eating a stitch of normal food. We are so proud of her for all her strong will to have come so far. She is amazing in every way possible!

Again, we can't say it enough.......My family THANKS everyone for all the overwhelming support, love, and prayers that have surrounded us and continues to surround us!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Tracey,
    My name is Linda Felch. I teach 3rd grade at Kensington Elementary in Kensington, NH. Through a school-wide social studies unit, our class recently created items to sell, sold them, and earned money from the sale of their items. After selling the items, each student must present to the class a speech on where to donate their proceeds and why. One little girl in our class gave her thoughts about helping Jordyn, and the class voted to donate a portion of their earning to Jordyn. I see from articles and other postings that often monies are re-directed to others in need, so I am writing to find out where you would like us to send our donations and well-wishes on Jordyn's behalf. Please e-mail me at lfelch@sau16.org with any information.

    Thank you.
    Linda Felch
    KES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordyn,

    This is such great news and I am so glad you are feeling better everyday. You are such an amazingly strong young girl and you should be so proud of yourself!

    Take care and I hope to see you for Jordyn's ride!!

    Marcie Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I created a facebook group for Jordyn, I haven't gotten to meet her but I know Taylor. I hope I'll one day get to meet Jordyn.

    Here's the link to the facebook group...

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104494002927052&v=app_2344061033#!/group.php?gid=104494002927052&v=wall

    Feel free to email me anytime..

    becca_manougian@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a courageous little girl. I have followed her story since meeting her a Bethany Church a few years ago. My heart and prayers go out to her family and friends as they rally around her to bring her hope and encouragement. Please have them check out www.relivingyourlife.com I believe it will help her regain the strength she needs to get better. God Bless, Lisa (craft455@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete